AND NORTH YORK
Need to know how nursing
Know that your family is safe.
With our in-home nursing care services:
Our nurses are fully screened, bonded and insured to protect you
Our nurses are covered by WSIB so that they are protected
Guardian Home Care Toronto carries full liability insurance to protect everyone
“I know that mom improved because of the care and support from your caregivers. Thank you.”
Comprehensive home care nursing services in Toronto
and North York
Guardian home care Toronto delivers in-home nursing services including:
Injections and tracheotomy management, medication administration, and end of life care
Bathing, dressing and grooming, and meal preparation
Companionship and friendly visiting to reduce loneliness and improve mood
ONE-ON-ONE PRIVATE DUTY
Hospital nursing care for constant attention when hospital staff are too busy to help
OVERNIGHT NURSING CARE
Know your elderly loved one is cared for while others can sleep
We staff nurses in retirement homes
“Thank you for the nurses you sent to look after mom. They were gems and we could not have gotten through those last few days without their help.”
Get Nursing Help Fast
No hassle sign-up, we can do it electronically for your convenience
We can respond quickly to get the nursing care you need
Nursing care services can be put into place quickly when your family is experiencing crisis, we can help
Our nursing agency care can be delivered in a retirement home, in a nursing home, private duty in the hospital, or in your own home
“This has been a seamless experience from initial contact to full care”
Our nursing care is easy to begin and based on your needs:
Three easy payment options
Save time with our electronic sign-up. Focus on your family and other demands
Guardian Home Care has you Covered in More Ways Than One
Gain peace of mind and allow our nurses to take care of the care
- With over 124,800 hours of home care delivered and staffed, our experience and reliability stand tall
- Our case management and attention to detail is second to none, know you are in good hands
- We can coordinate medical equipment, purchase and installation
- We can coordinate with our physiotherapist and your pharmacy
Know what is happening with your parent when our nurses are there. Our nursing care services will:
- Give you regular updates about your loved one
- Keep you up to date
- Let you know if any supplies or equipment are needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
BENEFITS YOU WILL GAIN FROM CHOOSING OUR NURSING HOME CARE SERVICES?
Make the choice to finally get help, when you contact us you will:
• Instantly begin the process of getting help
• Be matched with an excellent caregiving nurse
• Get reports from our nurses after their shift so you know what is going on
• Feel better about having a care partner
• Have 24/7 on-call support
• Be getting nursing home care services at competitive rates
• Have an advocate in us to communicate with other health care providers
WHAT KIND OF NURSING CARE DO WE PROVIDE?
Our in-home nursing care services include companionship and friendly visiting, bathing, hygiene and incontinence care, meal preparation, medicine reminders, and light housekeeping. We also offer live-in care, overnight care, post-operative care, transition care, and accompaniment to appointments.
WHERE DO WE DELIVER NURSING CARE IN TORONTO?
Our nursing agency services are delivered in:
- our client’s homes,
- retirement homes,
- long term care homes (nursing homes),
- and one-on-one in hospitals.
WHAT IS YOUR MINIMUM NURSING CARE SHIFT LENGTH?
We offer nursing care services in shifts ranging from 1 hr to 24 hours a day.
ARE THERE ANY CONTRACTS WITH YOUR IN-HOME NURSING CARE SERVICES?
No, there are no contracts with our nursing services.
WHAT ARE NURSING SERVICES?
Nursing services are wide-ranging and, in Toronto, require a qualified Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). Nursing services are required when complex care is needed, above what a personal support worker can do. Nursing services usually begin with an assessment of a patient’s care needs, and subsequent formation of a care plan. If the care plan is already formed, the nurse executes the care plan according to doctor or nurse practitioner orders.
Examples of nursing services include:
- Giving needles, drawing blood or administering immunizations
- Administering medication
- Wound care and dressing changing
A nurse is a health care professional who is trained to evaluate the patient, their environment, and the goals for maintaining, improving, or recovering the health of an individual. Nursing Agency Toronto.
WHAT DOES A HOME CARE NURSE DO?
A homecare nurse (also referred to as a visiting nurse) will be employed by a home care nursing agency and will be dispatched to wherever you are living and provide the following services:
- Medication administration
- Post-operative care
- Pain management and symptoms
- Vital signs monitoring
- Foot care services by a specialised foot care in-home nurse
- Ostomy care
- Catheter care
- Palliative care services
- Changing dressings and wound care
- Charting and adjusting care plans
Home care nursing agencies in Toronto provide complex care in your own home. When receiving nursing care at home, you should be receiving a qualified visiting nurse who has:
- Advanced assessment and evaluation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Effective documentation skills
- Self direction
- Competency in technology
- The maturity to work confidently and autonomously
CHOOSING A HOME CARE NURSING AGENCY IN TORONTO, HOW TO?
Choosing a home care nursing agency in Toronto is not easy, because there are a lot to pick from! Being blessed with choice is good, but how do you decide which one to go with? Although you are reading a page from Guardian Home Care (and we would love to serve you!), we will be first to say that there are other good home care nursing agencies out there.
In all honestly, in order to choose a home care nursing company, we recommend you picking up the phone and calling, or emailing if you are not fond of phone calls, and seeing what response you get from the other side. Do you receive a quick response, helpful and thorough? Do these home care nursing agencies want your business and want to serve you quickly and cordially? The working relationship between the client’s family and the administration of the company is of utmost importance; how responsive the company will be to requests and how well they want to serve you is the bottom line.
NURSING AGENCY TORONTO CREDENTIALS
With our home care nursing services in Toronto, all our RPNs have current registrations, up-to-date skills, and carry full insurance. Our private nurses are specially chosen for their desire to help and human compassion. With our home nursing services we will take the time, in your home, to discuss your health issues with you and explain any procedures in a patient and respectful way.
All Registered Nurses employed by Guardian Homecare Toronto and North York must:
- Be a current member and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Possess a valid, unrestricted nursing licence to practice in the province of Ontario.
- Possess a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Be screened for Tuberculosis (TB).
- Have completed the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) education.
- Have had a recent Criminal Record Check.
As a nursing agency in Toronto, the elements of home care nursing that are central to our practice are:
- Assessing needs, Monitoring and Clinical Decision Making
- Planning of personal care and coordinating the home care nursing
- Health maintenance, recovery & palliative care
When receiving nursing care services from us, we offer a case management service. This includes:
- A free in-home assessment to discuss your nursing services needs and requests
- Regular management review visits to oversee the nursing care you receive
- Regular phone calls with family and professionals as required
NURSING AGENCY TORONTO CASE STUDY
One of our former clients wanted to return home from the hospital and receive nursing palliative care, surround by a familiar environment and her loving family. The family was unsure about the mother’s medical needs and nervous that they would not have the medical skills to deal with medication and pain relief injections. They hired our nursing agency around the clock for the very short time that the mother had remaining. For 6 days our visiting nurses helped with injections, pain management and monitoring, and answered questions that the family had.
The mother died peacefully at home, and our visiting nurses looked after everything the family was uncomfortable with, such as changing incontinence briefs and providing bed baths. The family was comfortable in their own home knowing that a home care nurse was available at any hour of the day. For us, the love and attention that was poured out from the family to the mother was overwhelming to witness, and we will never forget them.
We provide overnight nursing services in Toronto, nursing care live-in, and home care nurses by the hour, around the clock. Our home care nursing services can be provided at bedside in the hospital, in a retirement home, in a nursing home, or in your house or condo.
Contact us through email or call to discuss the needs of your loved one.